Saturday 21 July 2018

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - Book Review

I started off my reading with Maybe Someday as the first book I have read in 2018, so an applaud for myself for finally going back into reading.
Hoover's my favourite author so I was quite hyped to read this book as many other readers suggested and recommended it to me. Undoubtedly, Hoover's exceptional writing style and her ability to capture the reader into her world with her words was still the same, I was not very blown away by the whole plot or even the ending.
The story is about a 22 year old girl, Sydney, who lives with her two room-mates. Her best friend, Tori, and her boyfriend, Hunter. On the night of her 22nd birthday Sydney discovers that she was being cheated on because of which she ends up homeless and moves into the apartment of her neighbour Ridge, who's a guitarist. The story then progresses about their relationship as they both seem to be extremely intimidated by each other and all circumstances that keep them apart.
Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy reading the book but the ending was quite predictable. Maybe the whole time I was into the book, I was comparing it with Hoover's other novels that I have read and loved. One thing that I absolutely loved about this novel was the soundtrack that came with it and I think it was very unique and the composition of the songs was outstanding.

This was my favourite one out of the entire soundtrack which was called "Maybe Someday": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcQnA4RvOzM

Anyway, the book was 3.5 stars out of 5 for me. I definitely recommend it to other readers to grab this book and give it a read as you'll love it, as did I, but I guess I just expected a little bit more.
“Sometimes in life, we need a few bad days in order to keep the good ones in perspective. -Colleen Hoover, Maybe Someday
Order book here: http://www.libertybooks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=24928&search=colleen+hoover&category_id=0

No comments:

Post a Comment