Friday 24 June 2016

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella [Spoiler Free Review]

I had read a few books by the #1 New York Times Best Selling Author of the Shopaholic Series, Sophie Kinsella, which I absolutely loved, so when I first heard about her very first YA novel I had to read it!

The book for me was quite short but witty  yet adorable at the same time. Basically, Finding Audrey is about a girl suffering from social anxiety and has an older brother who is obsessed with video games. When Audrey meets her brother’s friend, Linus, things start to change for her. The book focuses on Audrey’s life coping with psychological recovery and her relationship with her family.

The main theme of the book, from what I depicted, was not about teenage love or anything but the chemistry between Audrey and Linus made me swoon at various times. Kinsella's written work has always been incredible the way she makes her characters so relatable and her composition truly sweet and light. At the same time, the humour in her books is just about perfect. At so many moments in this book I could not contain my laugh and just burst out laughing.

For me, this book seemed a little similar to Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes, which I equally enjoyed, but if you’re looking for a more light-hearted, humorous, silly, read, this is definitely the book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment