Wednesday 15 June 2016

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

My, my, my! What an extraordinary book. It had me completely engrossed into it from the very first page. The Night Circus is basically a fantasy novel about two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been tested to win on the premise of their skills and aptitudes. They both join a circus where they are intended to flaunt their abilities. It's a story of how along the way they find love, friendship and responsibilities.

Now, I must say that the plot line was fairly frail but the whole point of the story was delivered amazingly. Morgenstern's composition style was not at all like I had ever perused before and this book was incredibly interesting as well as unique. She sucks you into a universe of enchantment and miracle with her words and that was precisely how I felt while reading it. The protagonist, Celia, was my favourite characters throughout the book. The way Morgenstern kept in touch with her to be an image of quality, strength, love and friendship.

The main downside was the back and forth between timelines. The future, past and then the present time sections were slightly frustrating. That was the only reason The Night Circus lost a 0.5 star from me, and I gave it a 4.5/5 stars.

Besides all of that, the cover was absolutely dazzling as well. It is a mix of adventure, fantasy, dreams, magic, suspense, love, romance, anticipation, friendship and all that great stuff. So hey, what more does one reader want from a book?

I would totally recommend everyone to read this book and if you're interested you could buy a copy from here: https://www.amazon.com/Night-Circus-Erin-Morgenstern/dp/0307744434

No comments:

Post a Comment